A number of our publications are available in Adobe PDF format. You can download a free copy of Adobe Reader here.
- To mark UN International Day of Persons with Disabilities, the Real Life Connections group from the National Federation of Voluntary Bodies presented President Michael D. Higgins with the Real Life Connections Guide in Áras an Uachtaráin on Friday 2nd December 2011.
- The National Federation of Voluntary Bodies has developed five strategic priorities which form the basis of our Strategic Plan 2011 – 2014.
- National Federation Annual Report 2010
The cover of our Annual Report is based on artwork by Ms. Marie Maguire from Bray, Co. Wicklow.
- National Federation Service Plan 2010
The cover of our Service Plan is based on artwork by Ann Molloy from Westmeath.
- Informing Families of their Child's Disability, the Cork Pilot Implementation Project. Translating Research Into Practice.
This report details the implementation of the Informing Families best pratice guidelines over a two year pilot project from January 2008 to December 2009. The project was coordinated by the National Federation of Voluntary Bodies, and was awarded with the Taoiseach's Public Service Excellence Award in July of 2010. The report of the pilot project provides practical advice and examples and a roadmap for implementation of the best practice guidelines. It was launched by Minister John Moloney on 24 June 2010.
Click here to visit the Informing Families Website.
Click here to download the report of the Cork Pilot Implementation Project
- In response to an invitation from Mr. John Moloney, Minister for Equality, Disability and Mental Health, the National Federation prepared a discussion paper “Vision Statement for Intellectual Disability in Ireland for the 21st Century”. The paper was submitted to the Minister’s office for his consideration in April 2009. The discussion paper reflects on what a new vision might look like, the principles which should underpin it, the issues to be addressed in it, and our views on the design attributes of a policy document and of a policy development process. A copy of this discussion document can be downloaded here.
- Using Focus Groups as a Research Method in Intellectual Disability Research (2009): A Practical Guide: National Federation of Voluntary Bodies, Prepared by John Doyle
- National Federation Annual Report 2008
The cover of our Annual Report is based on artwork by Shane O’Flaherty from Cork.
- National Federation Easy-to-Read Annual Report 2008
- National Federation Service Plan 2009
The cover of our Service Plan is based on artwork by Adam O’Donovan from Cork.
- National Federation Submission to HRB Re: Disability Databases Unit, Draft Research Programme 2009-2011
- National Federation Research Strategy 2008-2013. An easy to read version of our Research Strategy is available here.
- Volunteering in Intellectual Disability Services in Ireland - Supporting People to Live the Life of their own Choice in their own Community (August 2008)
- National Best Practice Guidelines for Informing Families of their Child’s Disability. An update on the Informing Families Project and the Cork Implementation Pilot Project are available here.
- National Federation Annual Report 2007
- National Federation Service Plan 2008
- New Ideas New Approaches: Supporting Innovation in Services & Supports to People with Intellectual Disability
- Conference Proceedings Report - download here
- Easy to Read Conference Report - download here
Research Factsheets: The National Federation Research Sub Committee has developed a series of fact sheets which are available to download. It is envisaged that they will provide support to individuals throughout member organisations who are undertaking research and will provide guidance in the areas of research definitions, ethical principles and consent. A template of a Research Proposal Form can also be downloaded.
- Factsheet No. 1: Research Definitions - dowload here
- Factsheet No. 2: Basic Ethical Principles - download here
- Factsheet No. 3: Consent in Research - download here
- Factsheet No. 4: Research Proposal Template - download here
- National Federation’s response to the Department of Social & Family Affairs regarding the Review of the Disability Allowance as part of the Government’s 2006-2008 round of the value for money and policy review initiative (April 2008)
- National Best Practice Guidelines for Informing Families of their Child’s Disability (December 2007): These guidelines were developed by the National Federation of Voluntary Bodies in collaboration with families of children with disabilities and professionals from across community, hospital and disability service settings. They were launched on 3rd December 2007 by Ms. Mary Harney, TD, Minister for Health & Children. Details of the Guidelines and the Consultation & Research report are available here.
- National Federation Annual Report 2006
- People Connecting is an easy-to-read publication, published in June 2007. It incorporates the findings from the 26th June 2006 Consultative Workshop on the Barriers, Incentives and Solutions to Community Participation & Inclusion of People with Intellectual Disability. It also includes Recommendations to the Board of the National Federation on 18 April 2007 from the Community Participation & Inclusion Sub-Committee.
- Annual Report 2003
- Equal Citizens: Proposals for Core Elements of Disability Legislation (Disability Legislation Consultation Group - DLCG). This document put forward, for the first time, proposals for the key components that needed to be included in legislation, which were agreed unanimously by the representative bodies of stakeholders in the disability sector. This document was developed by Disability Federation of Ireland, Forum of People with Disabilities, Mental Health Ireland, Inclusion Ireland (formerly namhi), National Disability Authority, National Parents and Siblings Alliance, National Federation of Voluntary Bodies, Not for Profit Business Association, People with Disabilities in Ireland. (2003)
- Interim Report to the Health Research Board on Quality of Life for Young People with Disability in Ireland (2003) to the Health Research Board on Quality of Life for Young People with Disability in Ireland (2003). An overview of the project which was presented at the 3rd Annual NDA Research Conference in October 2004 is available here.
- Submission to the Expert Group on Mental Health Policy