Health Services National Partnership Forum
The Health Services National Partnership Forum is a national forum comprising Health Services Management, including Voluntary Hospitals and the Voluntary Intellectual Disability Sector, and National Trade Unions. It was established under the Partnership 2000 Agreement and has evolved and developed through successive social partnership agreements. Its primary purpose is the promotion of work based partnership in the management of change. The National Federation is represented on the Forum by Brian O’Donnell, Chief Executive.
National Advisory Forum of the Centre for Disability Law & Policy Unit
The Centre for Disability Law & Policy, NUI Galway, was formally established in 2008 and was formally launched by former President of Ireland, Dr. Mary Robinson on 3rd April, 2009. The Centre is dedicated to produce research that informs debate on national and international disability law reform.
The National Federation will participate on the National Advisory Forum of the Centre for Disability Law and Policy Unit to:
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the management of the Centre.
- Raise the profile of the Centre nationally and internationally.
- Provide advice on current trends, practices and developments nationally and internationally.
- Advise on fundraising opportunities.
- Reflect and input the views of stakeholders in the disability community in Ireland.
Health & Safety Authority (HSA) Strategic Review
The Health & Safety Authority has announced its intention to carry out a strategic review of its involvement in the Health & Social Care Sector over the 5 year period 2009-2014. The review will identify key health and safety issues for the healthcare sector and determine goals and objectives for actions that the HSA may carry out itself or in conjunction with other relevant organisations over the next five years. Wide consultation with stakeholders in the Healthcare sector is an integral part of the review:
The National Federation of Voluntary Bodies will:
- Engage with the HSA in the conduct of this strategic review.
- Establish a Health & Safety Sub-Committee to consider the particular issues which arise in the intellectual disability sector in this context.
- Arrange to submit the findings of the work of this Sub-Committee for consideration by the HSA in the context of their review.